Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

So tired of this

• Please log in to reply

viethawk

viethawk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
:blink: Everything is up an running. But it shut down during operation. I checked all I can? Cleaned my system completely. Inside and out. Rebooted. Still there is something wrong. Something or someone still controls this? I think? I have AVG virus and shows nothing?
I give up!
:whistling:
jhawk

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
j thanks for posting your talking about random restarts or just shutting down and then you powering it back up? are there any blue screen messages of bam! its off?

viethawk

viethawk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No..No..No..

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
we need to know whats happening EXACTLY...including what you have done or tried..
without this info no one can help you

viethawk

viethawk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
While I'm on the web or just doing Business on my computer it freezes and than sometimes restarts on it's own. When I restart is some times goes through the process one or more times. I check AVG it is showing this:
c:\\windows/system32\user32.dll......results(change) status(changed)
c:\\windows\system32\shell32.dll.......results....(change)...status.(changed)
c:\\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.eex results....(change)...status...(changed)
c:\windows\sysstem32\drivers\etc\hosts results reading (error)....status....(error)

I ran ccleaner,spydectctor,adware. defraged, disk cleaner.I thought it was my mother board heating up but that is not the case I have extra fans lots of fans to cool my system down. Hope this will help?

viethawk

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Windows XP is set by default to reboot your computer when it hits a critical error. For most users I suppose this is a good thing, as no one likes to see the BSOD (blue screen of death). But in this case, we actually WANT to see the BSOD because it contains some useful information in diagnosing the problem. In order to force your computer to show you the BSOD, need to tell it to stop auto restarting on critical errors.

Right-click...My Computer... and then click ...Properties...
Click the ..Advanced tab...
Under Startup and Recovery.. click ..Settings... to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box....
Clear the ..Automatically restart.. check box, and click OK the necessary number of times...

Restart your computer for the settings to take effect....
report EXACTLY what the error message says...

go here and get everest home...install and launch it...click the + by computer...click on sensor...get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

viethawk

viethawk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok I get no error message! but here is what you wanted!
Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Winbond W83697HF (ISA 290h)

Temperatures
Motherboard 31 °C (88 °F)
CPU 43 °C (109 °F)
Seagate ST3120022A 30 °C (86 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 2961 RPM
Chassis 2083 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.66 V
+3.3 V 1.50 V
+5 V 5.13 V
+12 V 12.83 V
-12 V 2.28 V
-5 V 0.23 V
+5 V Standby 5.04 V
VBAT Battery 3.09 V
Debug Info F 39 51 FF
Debug Info T 31 43 255
Debug Info V 68 00 5E BF D3 D1 9E (01)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you do this..
Right-click...My Computer... and then click ...Properties...
Click the ..Advanced tab...
Under Startup and Recovery.. click ..Settings... to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box....
Clear the ..Automatically restart.. check box, and click OK the necessary number of times...

if so work the computer until you get a hang/crash ...then let me know what error message you get..

viethawk

viethawk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok I will try to keep it up and running until it crashes.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
ok ...pay attention to what all you have running at the time of the hang too...