Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor does not turn on

• Please log in to reply

ste0102

ste0102

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
hello i recently opened up my computer to check about my RAM and when i finished i closed it all up and i turned on the computer and the monitor would not turn on at all, i mite have pulled out some wires my mistake or something but what is the main reason why this has happened? thanks ste

Advertisements

Ryujin

Ryujin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Can't really tell without looking at it. Make sure all the monitor cables are tight and secure, double check everything inside the PC is plugged in the right places and tightly. You didn't take the RAM out did you? If so make sure it's pushed back in securely.

Basiclly you just need to keep trying things till you get it to work. If you have another monitor you can use that and see if you get any video. You might have loosened the video card when you went into the computer, like I said above make sure everything's secure.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
When u turn on the computer does it beep at all if so you could deteman the problem through the bios beep code here.

If there r no beeps open the computer and make sure the graphics card is all the way in - push it in then push down allso on the ram stics.

Does you'r monitor give any sinal sighn. What happens when u turn it on and off?

Any luck? If not can u give us some specs about you'r computer.