Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lost office 2007

• Please log in to reply

Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I recently had to reinstall my xp system, i do have a bkup, how do i get back office 2007 back on there, whereas i do not have the disk anymore?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Mr. Scott!

Did Office 2007 come on your computer? Or where/how did it get installed originally? Is it a retail version or downloaded beta? What program did you use to make the backup? Does it include System State?

Typically, if your Microsoft software is legal and licensed, you can call Microsoft at (800) 360-7561 to order replacement media. See Microsoft article 326246 for additional support options.

Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i did a windows xp recovery, and it made a backup of my original os

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
A Windows XP Recovery.... did you recover your OS using the Windows disk, setting the system back to factory specs? If so, this process does not typically create a backup. You would have had to use a Backup program, like Windows Backup (Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Backup) or a third-party software to create a backup of your system.

Also, please address the other questions regarding Office 2007, so we can assess the situation and hopefully assist you.

Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
No, a friend installed it on my computer, he said he bought if off of ebay, i asked him for the disk, he said he broke it by sitting on it in his office chair. I'm assuming is authentic retail.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
As long as your copy of Office 2007 is legal and licensed, you can call Microsoft at (800) 360-7561 to order a replacement disk. There will be a minimal fee.

A free alternative to Microsoft Office is Open Office. You can download it at http://download.open....org/index.html.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi there, I had this same problem, I purchased Office 2007 and broke the disk, I just downloaded a trial and then entered my product key to keep it. I also burnt the trial installation file to a cd, and viola, office 2007 on CD! You can download a free trial here.

Please make sure that you download the version for which you have a product key for this to work. If you don't have a product key, get it off your mate, and if he doesn't have one to give you, then you may have had an illegitimate version installed. If the key doesn't work in it, then once the trial is finished office 2007 will only work in reduced functionality mode. Also, if the key you use doesn't work, then we at G2G won't be able to help you. (except to recommend openoffice.org, as LindaGail has done - it's very good and it's free!)

Good luck :whistling: