Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ISP ADDRESS

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Have searched everywhere on PC but cannot find this address. It is needed to cofigure alerts in my anti-spam program.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi nondai. Here you go.

http://www.whatismyip.com

Dwight

Edited by Dwight, 29 May 2007 - 07:08 AM.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Wow that was fast and easy! And if I were to look around on my PC where would I find that number? Thanks so much for your help.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi nondaj...

Click Start, then Run, type cmd and click "Ok".

In the command session window, type ipconfig /all and press Enter. Look for "IP Address" within the results.

Type exit and press Enter to close the command session.

wannabe1

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Hi Wannabe1:

I remember you and your excellent help from before. Following your instructions I located my address because I remember seeing it once before in another program but could remember only the first 3 numbers.

So am confused now unless I did it wrong - when I tried the WhatIsMyIP.com I got a different number.

Can clarify?
And thanks for your direction.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the IP you got from the IPCONFIG command in the CMD window is your PC's local private ip address...the IP you got from whatsmyip.com is the PUBLIC IP address given to your modem by your ISP

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Thank you Desenette:

Understand what you are saying even if I am not clear why the two addresses and when asked for my IP address which I should give. OR I should just ask which the questioning party wants I guess :whistling:

Anyway have all info now and off and running - into next problem/question. :blink:

Again thanks to all.