Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hiberation Problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have had hibernation enabled before on my computer and it has worked fine. After blowing my computer out and reinstalling the same Windows Xp however, it has stopped working, I recieve the error message A device attached to the system is not working. I have checked in my bios and my power setttings have not been altered prior to my blowout. What could my problem be?

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
what do you mean blowout ??
without much info, id assume your monitor is plug-and-play.
right click my computer > properties > hardware tab > device manager.
right click the active monitor under the monitors sections, and remove/uninstall it.
let it load back up.
just to cover your tracks more, visit your monitors make website and download/install any drivers for it, if available.

then test your hibernation.