Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AVG error 100

• Please log in to reply

matofthemint

matofthemint

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
When I check Component Services, Event Viewer, Application, there are always many error entries all the same except for the date and time - the last one is - a red circle with an X, Error, 29 May 07, 7:44:50, AVG 7, Error, Event 100. This is the latest. All are the same except for Date and Time. They are for every 5 minutes.

Event Properties gives the date and time and the following which never changes
[000492:002114] ERROR 00
AVG7.CC.plugins.CAvgCcPlugin plugin refresh failed. Error )x*0004005

These do not effect the operation of AVG it seems, But what is causing these errors, and how do I correct the problem?

This has been happening for some time now - I keep thinking an up date will take care of it but none have. Even re-installing didn't do it.

Windows XP sp2
AVG 7.5.472 269.8.0/819
no other anti-virus software
Ccleaner
Ad-Aware
Comodo firewall

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
AVG has a strong tendency for all kind of problems, many cannot be repaired and quite often the damaged program cannot be uninstalled. I used it for years but few months ago had enough of it. I uninstalled it and since then I use Avast which is superior in almost every aspect. No problems since then.

By the way I did the same with AVG Antispyware. It's an excellent program but I had so many annoying update problemsd (server busy) that I replaced it with SuperAntispyware. No update problems since then and you get real time protection for an unlimited period of time whereas AVG antispyware gives you protection only for 30 days.

matofthemint

matofthemint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Thanks muchly. I'll give Avast a try. I've used AVG for years and never had a problem till recently.