Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 Problem

• Please log in to reply

Whirlwind

Whirlwind

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Per

Yes.. I've got this mail from MS:

"...
Try the troubleshooting steps below to see if it makes a difference?

Go to the Start Menu > right-click the icon “My computer” > choose the option “Manage” > then click the option “Services and applications” > and then “Services”.

Here you can browse for a service called “HID input service” > right-click the HID input service and choose the option “Stop”

Check if you still have the same problem and then get back to us with the result.
"

I've tried the above troubleshooting, but there's no difference, except that, when the HID Input Service is stopped, then I can activate the HID's ind Device Management, without the CPU-Usage goes haywire... BUT, (yes of course there's a "BUT" :))... when the computer is rebootet, the CPU usage goes up to 100% again.. because the HID input service has startet again automatically. Then I deactivate the HID's in Device Management, and the CPU Usage is brought down to 3-4%.

I've told MS the above thing, and I'm now awaiting their answer.

Advertisements

per f

per f

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Try the troubleshooting steps below to see if it makes a difference?

Go to the Start Menu > right-click the icon “My computer” > choose the option “Manage” > then click the option “Services and applications” > and then “Services”.

Here you can browse for a service called “HID input service” > right-click the HID input service and choose the option “Stop”

Check if you still have the same problem and then get back to us with the result.
"

Yea, well - that just what we referred to earlier in this thread - maybe thats where they got it from..? :) Anyway, turning of the service is not a feasible solution, since that allso disables stuff like the volumecontroll on the MCE-remote.

I finally got it together today and contacted microsoft as well. So far I've just had the same tip, but they seem to be working on it; at least they were aware that several useras have this problem.

Per

Edited by per f, 18 February 2008 - 09:20 AM.

Whirlwind

Whirlwind

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I totally agree with you Per.

And great to hear, that you have written MS as well.... The more dissatisfied customers the better... Maybe they'll then run faster :)

Tobbe666

Tobbe666

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Bump,

Has anyone any solutions to this problem? i have exactly the same problem with the same hardware.

/Tobias