Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

music while playing

• Please log in to reply

washout

washout

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
im sure allot of people like to listen to tunes while they play.
unless im in a match, i am listening to tunes on winamp while i play.
often, i alt+tab out of my game to adjust winamp volume, or note what tune is playing, etc.
trying to avoid the alt+tab, is there an audio player that you can modify in-game ??
does winamp have an add-on that works in-game ??
how do you guys do it ??

Advertisements

coxmaster

coxmaster

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Winamp doesnt have an "ingame" option, but it does have some accessability. I also like to listen to music while playing games, so i did a little searching. Here is what i found: In winamp if you go to "Options"-"Preferences" and then find "Global Hotkeys" You can use Hotkeys to change songs, volume, and everything else. All the hotkeys are customizable and all you have to do is click "enable" for them to work. Just find some key settings that work for you and you're all set!

washout

washout

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
so far volume adjustments work.
thats no problem.
thanks for giving me the idea.
now what would be awesome is to have the current song info scroll somewhere on screen while i play.
lol.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Could i ask what game you wish to play music with? As some games have built in MP3 players, the company just don't tell you. :whistling:

coxmaster

coxmaster

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Very true, many games do have built in or addon MP3 players. Not sure what game you play, but if its WoW i've heard about a WoW MP3 player addon. Personally i dont play it but some friends have said it works well!

washout

washout

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i play joint operations, from novalogic.
checked into, nova doesnt provide anything.

dailyconfused

dailyconfused

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
not sure where the option is but if you are wanting it to display the song your are currently listening to you can. I know its there, but i can never find it when i need to. gonna look real quick. it just pops it up for like 3 seconds every time the song changes.

EDIT:
just found it. for me its under options ---> winamp modern -----> notifications

I guess your wanting the show always option. but whatever works.

I think that will work with what your wanting. sorry if it doesnt.

Edited by dailyconfused, 01 June 2007 - 08:13 PM.