Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Causing VISTA upgrade problem

• Please log in to reply

goldeneye

goldeneye

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi there,

I am trying to upgrade from Vista Business to Ultimate. I put in my product key & then it checks for compatibiliy issues, I get the following result -

You must make the following changes before installing Windows
Close Windows installation, go to Programs, and uninstall the following programs:
Nero - Burning Rom
The compatibility report will be saved to the current Windows desktop.

I downloaded a trial version of Nero 7 but have uninstalled it and there is no trace of it in 'Add/Remove programs' or 'Program and Features' as it is now known in Vista. I have also run a good registry cleaner which found quite alot of problems related to NERO remains in the registry, but after I cleaned these I still got the same problem when trying to upgrade. HOW can I rid of NERO once and for all........

Thanks any advice

Gold

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if the Nero clean tool helps

http://www.nero.com/...Clean_Tool.html

Nero 7 Reloaded is certified for Windows Vista

* Certification applies to Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express.

http://www.nero.com/...g/Products.html

goldeneye

goldeneye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Brilliant that worked perfectly, but now It gets stuck at 0% at the start of the upgrade and then I get an error message saying something like 'Ensure the install files are available and then restart installation'. I will find out the exact message tomorrow.......How annoying after that bit of success. Its never easy is it!!! :whistling: