Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Folder Browsing Trouble

• Please log in to reply

Auguss

Auguss

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, this is gonna be a long one... :whistling:

Yes i did read all the pinned subject already none of them help either

Computer 1 can browse "My Network\Entire Network\Microsoft Windows Network\Home\" and see both computers listed Comp1 and Comp2. i click on comp 1 and it expands to show the "Shared folder" "Printers" "Scheduled Tasks" i click on comp2 and it locks up for a few secs and displays a message about not having rights.. comp2 and comp1 are setup the exact same for software i ensured i am sharing a folder on comp2. when browsing with Comp2 of the "My Network\Entire Network\Microsoft Windows Network\Home\" it locks up on "Home" and does not even display its own folders and went to My Network and tried to make it identify that i am sharing a folder as i did on Comp1 but was unable to do the same for making it recognize im sharing a folder on 1 . My Firewall is disabled during this whole process. just to ensure it was not interfering. I found the setup for it to allow the 139 and 445 on LOCAL_NETWORK to pass through once i find what is wrong and fix this problem. at one point in time i did have it working and it just randomly stopped for some reason and i was unable to get it working again.. and i will test the firewall to see if i entered it correctly thanks

Advertisements

Auguss

Auguss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i also noticed i do have folder browsing from Comp1 to comp2 until comp2 logs in under a user.. it still shares the folder but it cannot be accessed. ive also disabled the software firewall i have installed to see if that it the problem and it is not.