Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Partiton Magic Help

• Please log in to reply

vegeoku

vegeoku

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I need some help. Recently My C: drive has been running out of space, so I figured I would use Partition Magic to marge my other partitions, and make it all one big drive. I got the program, started it up, and tried to redistribute the free space on my C and D drives, which messed up my C drive, making me reformat it, and have to reinstall Windows. After that I decided to Marge all the partitons together. It seemed to be working fine. I told it what to do, restarted my computer, adn it started to merge the drives. I left it on overnight, and when I wake up, it is on the Windows loading screen. As if it is about to load windows. and just hangs there. It will stay for a few minutes, then restart my computer.

I don't know what to do, and I just hope to god I don't have to format my computer. I can live with having to reinstall Windows, but if I had to format everything >_< I jsut might kill myself... anyways, I'm running Windows XP Home, wiht service pack 1 I believe. I have two harddrives, 60gb, and a 30gb. The 60gb is the one that I had into 3 partitons, a 2gb, 29gb, and a 29gb. That was the one I was merging. And I'm using Partiton Magic 8.0. If you need any other information tell me. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Advertisements