Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open Adobe 5.0 on dual monitors

• Please log in to reply

highland403

highland403

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I recently installed a graphics card that allows me to connect two monitors. I did this so I could open 2 separate pdf documents at the same time using Adobe 5.0 and have each file open on a different monitor.

The trouble is, every time I try opening a new pdf file, it appears within the same program and the file I was looking at is no longer available. I think what needs to happen is to be able to open Adobe 5.0 twice. I have looked through preferences, Help and every where else I could think of to make this happen but so far I haven't found anything to check or uncheck that would accomplish this.

I am assuming this is possible because I can have any other application I have open more than once to view separate documents at the same time with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
is this acrobat reader or pro that you are using?

highland403

highland403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
It's not Reader but it doesn't say its a pro version either. According to About Adobe Acrobat under the Help button, its Adobe Acrobat 5.0. That's all it says.

This is the version I can make minor changes to a PDF document, whereas in Reader you can't.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you are using a rather old version of Acrobat. This could be because the software does not support multi-monitor support. It could also be that the application does not allow multiple instances of itself to be opened. My recommendation would be to consider upgrading your version of acrobat.

http://www.adobe.com...bat/matrix.html

highland403

highland403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I was hoping upgrading wasn't the solution.

As much as I hate to upgrade, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

Anyway, I appreciate your advice.

Thanks!