Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundcard problems

• Please log in to reply

ohithar

ohithar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I bought a SoundBlaster Audigy card today and when I installed all the drivers, I got the "this has not passed windows logo testing" message and continued anyways.

The device is being detected and there are no problems other than the fact that I don't hear anything coming from my headphones or speakers, I used troubleshoot and made sure to check the volume settings but they are all fine and if I play music or videos etc, they play fine but I cannot hear a single thing.

Please help. :whistling:

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

this has not passed windows logo testing" message

This means that the driver of this device has not been checked by microsoft so it may ruin the operating system. if the product is a brand name then there should b no problem.

I assume u connected the speaker/ headphones to the green jack.

Check in the device manager that it is recognized correctly.

If it doesn't work go to start -> settings -> control panel -> sound and audio devices.
Choose the sounds tab now pick a sound that has a speaker by it. now the play below the box should be black now hit the play button. Can u hear anything?

If not try to download from the sight the newest driver.
If u need more help post the model of the audio card and the spects of you'r computer