Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Planets.java

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I fee like this is the most appropriate area to ask this.

I have an assignment to do, and It's really hard, and I need someone to do it for me lol, or get me started. Here it is:

"A 156 pound person on Earth would be 57.72 pounds on Mercury"

Your weight is a measure of the force of gravity (g-force) pulling your body towards the planet. The g-force depends on three things -- the mass of your body, the mass of the planet, and the distance between your body and the center of the planet. these three things have been used to calculate your weight when you stand on the surfaces of different planets.

1. Yo will need to find the g-force for the following planets (I put it there for you):

Mercury = 0.38
Venus = 0.91
Earth = 1.0
Mars = 0.38
Jupiter = 2.6
Saturn = 1.1
Uranus = 0.90
Neptune = 1.1
Pluto = 0.07

2. You will create a Java applet that will do the following:

Ask the user for their name
Ask the user to input their weight in Earthly pounds
Ask the user what planet they want to be weighted on (use the list of planets above)
Convert the Earthly weight to the planet's weight
If the user's weight is less than 60 pounds, then you will see a drawing of a multi-colored asterisk made in Java and hear a clapping sound.
If the user's weight is 90 pounds or more, then you will see a modified drawing made in Java of a "Michelin Truck Tire" man and hear the tune of "Star Wars".

Help me with this please. Thank you.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,805 posts
  • MVP
If this is a homework assignment, you're on your own, especially since you've said you need someone to do this for you. You wouldn't been given the assignment if your teacher didn't feel you had the information and knowledge necessary to complete it. Good luck.