Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost

• Please log in to reply

JoK3r

JoK3r

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey guys.

My computer was infected with malware and now it crushes every few minutes when not in safe mode.
I have a ghost file and I want to use it to restore my system. The file is on D, and the only way I can access the computer is in safe mode.
I don't have any ghost programs installed on my computer, as far as I know. I have a disk with ghost2003.exe (and other programs, too).
What should I do?

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
you have the ghost disk? go into your bios an switch boot order if the ghost disk is a floppy then put your floppy to 1st boot of course if its a cd then do the cd drive as 1st. start your pc with ghost in your drive and follow the instructions. ghost will walk you thru all the steps you need except writing disk to data.please and im waving my arms and screaming over this,PLease make sure you select your destination correctly. ive seen grown men cry over this :whistling: if your unsure as you progress then seek help :blink:

JoK3r

JoK3r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No, it's not a ghost disk... it's a CD with a lot of programs written on it and ghost2003 as well. I don't have a floppy drive.
Should I burn ghost2003 to a new CD?
Also, I don't know how to switch boot order (my boot process is a bit messed up by StyleXP).

Thanks

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
i would burn the ghost2003 to a new cd yes. im not so sure you'll need a boot disk though, after burning, place the program into your player. if it doesnt seem to start the boot process go into safe mode an use the safe mode command prompt option be sure to make a note of the cd drive letter.when ghost launches at first it will be a regular windows interface. be sure to check the make boot disk option.. :whistling: