Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Random cpu speed drop

• Please log in to reply

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Did you make sure to clean air intakes, outputs and fans?

What about my question

How much space do you have between your hard drives? Would it be possible to separate them some if they are packed in there against each other?

If they are close to each other there may not be decent airflow and this would cause/contribute to heating issues.

Did you clean out your Power supply? if it's hot due to dust buildup, the fan for the Power supply usually blows into your case.

Looks like you may need to get/upgrade a fan or 2. Take a look at your computer location. Any direct sunlight? Any way to get it into a cooler environment? (even a small change could help.)

I'm thinking you may want to invest in some fans... take a good look at your case, see if you have space for a larger fan (to replace a fan you already have). Also check to see if you have a place to add a fan.

Wait... check to see if you can bump up fan speed in your BIOS... (may not need a new fan, just faster old fans)

Advertisements

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
im back! sorry for the late reply :whistling: everything is back to normal even tho it does get hot time to time, as far as seeing if i have room for a new fan i dont think i do >< but what i CAN do is , is leave the box open and use an industrial fan or something lol. keep that [bleep]er cool for sure then!

as far as speeding it up i dont remember seeing that option ><

also! edit: my hard drives are not thatclose, one is on the bottom of the case the other on the ... front ^^.

Edited by epics, 04 June 2007 - 02:49 PM.