Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Regarding Iolo system mechanic 7 pro

• Please log in to reply

jones24

jones24

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Okay this is what happened. I d/l and installed a trial version of this software. I decide to make it a full version but get the username and license off a crack website. However when i key it in it turns out that this license is invalid. The program also will not return to its trail version, as i still have 30 days remaining. So i decide to puchase a new license key. I do it and select the option to key in new license key. It also comes up invalid.

I decide to call iolo technical support and repeat the above story to him. He tells me he will send me an e-mail detailing how to fix this problem. I wait for 20 mins and still receive no e-mail, call back and get a second technican who promises me to send the e-mail. Same thing occurs, no e-mail has arrived. So iolo's tech support is really unrealiable.

I follow the instructions on iolo's web support to remove iolo from the registry and harddrive. I do both and yet when i attempt to install iolo again. It does not install at all, all it says is that the first license key that i entered is invalid. So iolo is not totally removed from my system, apparently it has some other files stored on my pc that still stores the old license key and username and will not allow a new one to be keyed in.

I hope the experts here know how i can fix this problem by removing all traces of iolo from my pc so that when i reinstall it, it returns to its original state instead of stating the license key is invalid.

Please help, i have spent 69.95 on this product.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I think the only way to get around this issue is for you to format and reinstall windows. That way you have a clean system to begin with and it should install fine at that point.