Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Decompression Bomb

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Everyone,

I don't know where to ask this question as none of the forume seem to fit but here it is. I ran an anti-virus scan and turned up something called a "Decompression Bomb".

Does anyone know what that is or what it does? My AV checker just said that it couldn't open the file that it was in but it didn't offer me any options either.

Thanks,

Wendy

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hi wendy wb. im thinking the folks in malware might be the forum for you concerning this give them a try :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Wendy...

Decompression Bombs <------ Read that...probably as good an explanation as I've seen.

Might not hurt to pay the Malware Forum a visit.

wannabe1

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi krmooo, and wannab1,

Thanks, I was thinking about that but nothing sounded right. Guess I'll just go stick a topic over there somewhere and see what's going on.

Thanks,

Wendy