Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Webcam

• Please log in to reply

Joeturf

Joeturf

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hey G2G. I have a Vivicam 3350B. And I downloaded the software for it, and I see the icon PCCAM on my Desktop. I'm guessing this is where I get to see what my video is pointing at but it doesn't work. Instead, when I open it up it says "Sorry, you have no video capture hardware." Is this something I have to download, or something I have to buy? Because that would be a pain.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hi joe wb to g2g.. click on my computer an go down to properties then to the hardware an device manager.scroll down to sound, video and game controllers and open it up any yellow warning messages? lets try updating the video capturing devices first then i would like for you to update your direct x if you havent already done so. lets see what needs to be done after you look at this stuff ok? :whistling:

Joeturf

Joeturf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi krmooo, thanks for the response! I've searched for updates on my "Legacy Video Capture Devices" and it seems to be updated to it's most current state already, are there any more drivers that I need to update? Here are the drivers I have under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers though :

Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices (no found updates)
Media Control Devices
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
Video Codecs

Also, how can I check what version of DirectX I have right now? So I can know if I need to update it or not.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
go over to microsofts web site type in direct x in the search microsoft panel that will take you to the proper page.

Joeturf

Joeturf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Alrighty, I've updated my Video Capture Devices and have DirectX 9.0C.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
:whistling: and? its working right?