Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

roach779

roach779

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I originally had a problem with my system that struggle switching on. When I switch on the system, the fan would switch on for a second, then shut off. The only way I can get it to turn on is to wiggle the main power connector to motherboard.

My system finally shut down for good--I also a smelled of something burning. I felt the 500 PSU was probably struggling considering it is a SLI setup. So, I got a new 750 PSU and got a new motherboard. I put the system together, but the same problem happened--the fan would turn on for a second, then shut off. I decided not to try to turn it on of fear of wrecking another PSU.

So, whats the problem. Is it the case switch causing problem? Maybe its the HD, SLI, floppy? Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards case problem. Should I go ahead and get a case?

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
so your running sli right? try only 1 card, eliminate the floppy,cd, and anything unneccesary for the system to run. try it once more and see if it works.

when you say you got a new system, what all is new, anything used from the last build? aka the cpu?