Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registering vbscript.dll error

• Please log in to reply

pj1115

pj1115

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey

I was trying to install iTunes, but had the VBscript error (was not installed or was disabled).
I tried registering the vbscript.dll manually with regsvr32, but I got error code 0x80004005 (unknown error). I re-installed Windows script 5.6, and re-installed the VB6 runtime files.

When re-installing Windows Script, I got the same error but with jscript.dll. Neither of them will register from regsvr32.

I have tried downloading new copies of them, getting them from the CD, etc. Nothing.

I have had this problem with other, less important DLLs; but before, the CD or downloaded version would solve it.

What should I do?

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hey pj welcome to gtg :blink: this might work for you as it did for me last week. after going thru almost to the letter what you did. finally i just went back and reinstalled the blasted thing an it works fine :whistling: go figure huh?

pj1115

pj1115

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Reinstalled what, may I ask?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
im sorry windows script 5.6

pj1115

pj1115

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hmm, tried it so many times and it just keeps failing. What did you do (exactly)?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
have you tried to get any patches? for it?

pj1115

pj1115

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
No, I'll run Windows update and see what comes up.

pj1115

pj1115

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sorry for the late reply. I re-installed everything, restored vbscript.dll and jscript.dll from the XP CD, ran Windows Update and installed all patches, still nothing. What now? :S