Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help! Compay Presario 5000 Keyboard Problem

• Please log in to reply

mazzystar

mazzystar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Compaq Presario 5000 less than a year old and the numbers five, six and the hyphon key don't work.....The only way I can get these symbols is by using the on screen keyboard or by having the numlk permanently on which means losing the u, i , o etc from the keyboard! I had an online discussion with a compaq help rep and they had no advice and told me to go back to store (PC World). Problem is I have lost my paperwork for 12 month warranty/guarantee....This is driving me mad as I work from home and have to do alot of spreadsheets! I bought a numeric keypad but that doesn't seem to work alongside the laptop either unless I have the num lock on and then I can't get the letters I need on the corresponding keys on the laptop. As you can tell this is driving me mad so would appreciate any tips or advice. Thanks!! :whistling: SORRY, SPELT COMPAQ WRONG IN POST TITLE! D'oh...

Edited by mazzystar, 31 May 2007 - 01:35 PM.

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Seems to me that Compaq is responsible for this, since it's under warranty and your the original owner. With my Gateway, they didn't have to see any paper work. They just said to send it in. I would call Compaq back and tell them it doesn't work and you would like to have it repaired/replaced under your warranty.

The Compaq Presario 5000 is a desktop...later you are talking about a laptop. Sounds like the problem is with a laptop....or do I have it wrong?

mazzystar

mazzystar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. Yes it is a laptop. Will contact Compaq as you advise and see how I get on. Cheers! :whistling: