Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

difficuilty with memory

• Please log in to reply

Blood_huey

Blood_huey

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
A couple of days ago i ran out of space on my C Drive. My primary windows. Well i was suprised because i have serveral other drives. So i tried to go through and delete things unneeded. I aslo used "free up space on disk" I had about 113mb again of free space. I was satisfied and logged off for the night.

This morning i woke up and found only 13mb left! I looked through it nothing had been changed. I need to find out what is taking the memory up. I have done virus scans and used Spybot S&D. To no avail.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi Blood huey, First back up all important files.
Take a look at system restore, right click on my computer, then
click on sestem restore, move the slider to about 3% then click on apply.
that will give you some room.
Also if you have hibernate truned on you could trun it off and that will give you
some more room. click on control panel then power options,
then hibernate, uncheck hibernate then hit apply, then I think I would reboot.
Go to Start, All Porgrams, accessories, then system tools, Disk Cleanup
Download CCeaner

http://filehippo.com...nload_ccleaner/

Hope all this helps you.

Dwight

Blood_huey

Blood_huey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thankyou! with your advice ive been able to free up 4gb

:whistling:

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi Blood huey. Glad that help you.

Dwight :whistling:

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Cleanup System Restore

System Restore is a part of Windows that you can use to restore your computer to a previous state if a problem occurs. System Restore monitors changes to the system and creates restore points automatically. Once your system has been running stable for a while, you can delete all restore points except the last one in order to recover disk space.
To do this, Start Disk cleanup which can be found by navigating the following; Start Menu > Programs > Accessories> System Tools > Disk Cleanup. Once the calculation has finished, go to the “more options” tab. In the system restore section, Press the “Clean-up” button, then ok to continue.
Note: Do not delete restore points if your system has been unstable recently.