Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor

• Please log in to reply

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
hey. this morning when i was using the computer. My monitor just starts to blink black and back to regular screen. I just tried the auto adjust and i guess it work a little and from time to time. It blink again. Anyone know the solution to this problem?

Is a dell 17 inches.

thanks

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Make sure all the connections to power and video card are well sitted. Try to move the monitor to another computer and see if it works there.

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i connected with my laptop, and the monitor seems to be fine without blinking. So i guess is the video card problem? If it is, since my video is built in to the mother board GeForce5200 is there anyway to fix it?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Could be the video card driver. Go to Device Manager in Control panel > System > hardware. Go to Display Adapter and uninstall the driver. Reboot the computer. It is very possible that windows will find the corect driver (if you have sp2 installed). Let us know what happens.

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
okay, i turned on my computer now. At the login part, after i click my account it went blank. And after a while it has blue screen, stating A problem has abeen detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp

The device drive got stuck in an infinte loop. THis usually indicataes problem with the device itself or wiwth the decie drive programming the hardware incorrectly.

i guess the driver problem.

How can i uninstall the driver when i cant login to the window.

thanks for helping :whistling:

Edited by Fusion_Inc, 07 June 2007 - 12:05 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to boot in safe mode. Press the power button and tap F8 repeatedly. That will take you to a menu from which you should choose safe mode.

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
that means i have to dl the new release driver from Nvidia correct?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Boot in safe mode and go to device mansger in Control Panel > system > hardware. Go to video adapter and uninstall the driver. Reboot.

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i unistalled, and login to the window it works fine. Im installing the driver right now and during the half way it did the same thing again. Blink and shut down. So, what should i do?

----------------
I have uninstalled again, it works fine again but very thing is so big. I think is just the driver problem.

Edited by Fusion_Inc, 07 June 2007 - 01:33 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please right down the specifications of the video card (make and model) and I'll look for a driver for you. If you don't know the details download Everest from my signature, run it, expand Display > pci/agp video. write down the details.

Advertisements

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
--------[ PCI / AGP Video ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Video Adapter
nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 3D Accelerator

--------[ GPU ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ AGP 8x: nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 ]

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
GPU Code Name NV34
PCI Device 10DE / 0322
Transistors 47 million
Process Technology 0.15u
Bus Type AGP 8x @ 8x
Memory Size 128 MB
GPU Clock 250 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 350 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 4
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 2 (v2.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v2.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 1000 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 1000 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 202 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 405 MHz
Bandwidth 3240 MB/s

Graphics Processor Manufacturer:
Company Name NVIDIA Corporation
Product Information http://www.nvidia.co...p?PAGE=products
Driver Download http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp

nVIDIA GPU Registers:
nv-000000 034200A2
nv-100000 00000000
nv-100200 19D10001
nv-10020C 08000000
nv-101000 C0C0E097
nv-680500 00012502
nv-680504 00000F01
nv-680570 00000401
nv-680574 00000401

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Use this link to download the driver. Click the "click here" note near the top of the page. Save it into a folder that you can easilly find. Switch off your internet connection. Disable the antivirus and any other antimalware program that run in the background. Install the driver.

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
nope is not working and i tried it b4. Everytime i install half of the driver it turns blank and blinking and blue screen.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Do you have another, onboard, video connection? If yes, move the monitor cable to the other connection.

Fusion_Inc

Fusion_Inc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
nope i think im out of luck

thanks