Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Maxtor One Tiuch III Mini, no drive letter

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Man oh man. I seem to have a strain of unfortunate events and complications.

After my main hard drive crashed, I am attempting to restore whatever I had backed up almost a year ago. (Don't ask.) My backup choice was Maxtor One Touch III Mini 80 gig version. I remember password-protecting it. Now, after reinstalling it's support software, "One Touch" (outside the drive), I don't see the drive. In device manager it shows it and it says that the device is working properly. However, I do not see it on My Computer. Also, the One Touch software when I click restore, it takes me to Program Files directory, rather than opening the drive. Can someone help me please. It is possible I hid the drive using it's options, but I doubt it. I do know password. So what can I do. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

If it will help, here is ISO for One Touch. ftp://ftp.seagate.com/outgoing/stxsupp/ma...LY_CD-Image.iso

Edited by bigdog1100, 31 May 2007 - 10:38 PM.

Advertisements

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Problem seems to be solved. I have unlocked it. This topic can be closed.

Update: I unlocked it by using another PC. I installed the software, while drive was plugged in. While restarting Windows, after install I got command prompt if I want to unlock password-protected drive.

Edited by bigdog1100, 01 June 2007 - 08:02 AM.