Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rebuld Delima

• Please log in to reply

alexarose

alexarose

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to put a new motherboard in an old computer. I have a new harddrive, motherboard, processer and fan for the processor. I have followed all the instructions, however, when I connect the IDE cables to my cd-rom, I cannot get the cd-rom drive to work. If we remove the IDE cable then the CD-Rom powers. What could be the problem, how can I solve it. Is it the powersuply? I do know it still happens even when the only thing connect is the CD-ROM . I would appreciate anyhelp. Thanks, Robin

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
CD unit may be bad. Try replacing the IDE cable.
if system works fine when the CD unit is not connected in any way but the only thing that upsets it is when the CD unit is added implies an issue with said unit.