Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add/Remove Programs has no remove button option

• Please log in to reply

jrsollas

jrsollas

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Please help. I am trying to remove a program from my add/remove program list and it looks completely different and has no option to remove. It does show some of the programs that I have installed, yet they do not have their typical icon in front of it (for instance, no AOL logo in front of AOL). I cannot access any of the programs to remove them like I have been able to in the past. Most of the icons look like a computer monitor, harddrive and a disc. I would greatly appreciate your help, as I need to get back to work on one of my projects. :whistling: Jennifer

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Hi Jennifer,

This issue might relate to malware. Please follow the instructions in THIS topic - 'You Must Read This Before Posting a HijackThis log', then go to The Malware Removal Forum and post a new topic with a description of the problem, confirmation that you have followed the 'You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log' (link given above) and a HijackThis log, as described in the You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log' topic.

If you still have this problem after receiving a confirmation that your computer is clean from the malware experts, please come back to this forum :whistling:

jrsollas

jrsollas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi. It has been over two weeks since I last posted in the Malware and Malware Waiting room, to no response. I posted my finding on the website just to see if I had a clean bill of health, but no one has responded. I still cannot remove any programs in my add/remove program. Please help me!!! I'm not sure what avenue I should explore further.
Thanks in advance,
Jennifer

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi Jennifer.

The Malware room can get very busy at times, as can the waiting room. It appears as though your waiting room topic was closed as it had not been replied to within 7 days.
I have had a quick look at your log and have replied to it. The log can be found here.
We are very sorry you got overlooked, and I will work hard to make sure your PC is fixed as soon as possible.
If you have any further questions on this matter, please ask them in your topic in the Malware Removal Forum.

:whistling:
Regards,
Sarah.