Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply

Erock702

Erock702

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello,

Just wanted to get some feedback on what the problem I am having might be. Two days ago I am using my computer and the monitor shuts down. The hard drive remained on but the monitors power completely shut off. I checked all the cables and they are connected correctly to the hard drive and the power cord was connected as well. I even tried switching the power cable to a new outlet and that did not work either.

Do you think my monitor is fried and I need to purchase a new one? It is a Dell, I do not have the exact model in front of me as I am writing this email at work. Has anyone ever seen this happen before? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What were you doing when it went off?
Are you saying the monitor now doesn't work at all? Tried it on another computer? Does your main box unit still come on and appear to load normally?