Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Grub/ Windows problem

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Okay I had PCLinuxOS and it had Grub. But I decided I wasnt going to use it anymore so I deleted my linux partitions. And then after awhile I got a BSOD and I decided to pop in my Windows CD to repair it and the only problem with that is when it replaced the files and reboots it goes back to the same menu and doesnt go to the thing where you configure windows. I think it has to do with Grub because I get a Grub Error 22 on boot. I was thinking of booting PCLinuxOS from the CD, then dling Grub and installing it but that would be a pain. Someone please help me.

EDIT: I GOOGLED IT AND FIXED MY OWN PROBLEM. I guess this site is starting to rub off and me and now im learning something new.

Edited by Drumbum667, 01 June 2007 - 04:14 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hey grub :whistling: insert cd press r at the recovery console option log onto the windows and fixmbr is the commad you want