Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yoursearcher.com [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

o_molad

o_molad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I want to thank you guys on the staff - my computer was 'hijacked' by yourseacher.com
and your advices on the subject helped me a lot. I am also much more aware now to the
evil devices of adwares, spywares and such.
I wonder if there is anything i can do to get back at the likes of 'yoursearcher' -
something that will hopefully prevent other innocent people from getting infected.

Thanks again,

Ofer.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi o_molad, welcome to GTG :D

To avoid confusion I split your post into a new topic.

I wonder if there is anything i can do to get back at the likes of 'yoursearcher' -

Unfortunately, no. Congress, Microsoft, and many others are working on ways to stem the explosion of spyware, but change comes slow. The reality is a lot of money can be made by the creators of spyware and malware programs. Creators get paid for all the additional advertising pop-ups and links.

The authors of spyware are getting more creative, and hiding their software deeper into Windows. This makes it likelier to cause problems with your system, and recently, very difficult to uninstall. Some of the most recent pests have originated from Russia, leading some to speculate that the Russian mafia may be getting involved. <_<

Also troubling is the recent attempts to knock computer help sites assisting in spyware removal off of the Internet. Some spyware is written specifically targeting these sites, in what's known as a Denial of Service attack. These attacks are very expensive to defend against, and threaten to force these sites to shut down. :D

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.