Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want to streamline a decent computer

• Please log in to reply

dark110

dark110

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the help a while back removing those viruses(|especialy to longreva, my helper dude :whistling: )

This computer is a very good one. It is good but i dont think its running to its ful potential. I want to make my computer run faster without buying anthing. I think that if i get rid of all the viruses (if there are any), cleanup and make shure the ram and videocard are working, then this computer can bee prety decent. I'm just looking for specific advice on cleanup (and hardware compatibility) for some of my stuff. Basicly, i want to streamlione what i already have to make this computer run as fast as it can. Where should i start?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If the RAM wasn't working properly, you'd have known about it long before now. Likewise for the graphics card.
How much RAM do you have? Ideally XP needs at least 256Mb of RAM (preferably 512Mb) to run properly.

dark110

dark110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

If the RAM wasn't working properly, you'd have known about it long before now. Likewise for the graphics card.
How much RAM do you have? Ideally XP needs at least 256Mb of RAM (preferably 512Mb) to run properly.

It has started with 512, but i added a gig. I also have a ATI radeon 1900 gt. BTW, is there a program that could give you all that information?