Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor help, please. Posting from Wii.

• Please log in to reply

demonflame5

demonflame5

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok so I turned off my computer and came back to see I can't turn the monitor off or on except for unplugging it. The monitor just looks like its turned off, but it flickers from black to a very unnoticeable gray. You can still see the change though.

If anyone needs to know what type of monitor it is, just ask.

Thankyou.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi there demonflame5, welcome to Geeks to Go! Hopefully we can sort something out for you...

Yes, I'm going to ask - what type of monitor is it? How old is it? Does this keep happening even if you start up the computer? Have you checked all connections to make sure everything is securely connected? Is there any sort of adjustments you can make on the monitor - like an on-screen menu to adjust colours and the like? Does this work?

Further questions - are you able to test if this monitor works on a different computer? Are you able to test if another monitor works on your computer?

If you can give us a little more information, it might give us our bearings to help out.

Cheers.