Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Display is off centered?!

• Please log in to reply

Psdonym

Psdonym

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, my laptop was recently damaged in a move and the LCD screen was cracked pretty badly. I replaced the screen with another that is exactly identical in every aspect as the original. It is a simple pop and swap using two connections. One for the the backlight and one to hook up to the main computer. The backlight works perfectly and I get my display to work pretty well, but it is off centered. It starts about an inch or so in from the left and hangs off the edge of the monitor. The part that hangs off the edge wraps back around and fills in the inch gap on the left. I have it connected to a secondary monitor for now and that display works fine. I have taken it to a computer repair store and they told me to contact my manufacturer. My manufacturer is Alienware and they want me to either send it in and let them repair it (my warranty is expired) or they just give me links to other online part stores. I don't think it is a hardware problem and even if it is I don't know what to start with. Can you please help me out? :whistling:

Advertisements