Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JPG images not showing, PDF files not opening

• Please log in to reply

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Hello fellow Geeks,

I was installing some stuff for my friend today, all went well until he asked me to remove un-needed startups. So I went to HJT and removed ICQ Toolbar and Skype and deleted a 016. That's all. Then he restarted his computer and got a Disk Check. Which went well, however he says his computer is unable to open jpg files, he says a command line screen blinks briefly and that's it. Also he says pdf files don't work. His HJT log is clean, no malware in there. I have restored the backups saved in HJT, that didn't help. A system restore (to various dates) didn't help either.

Do you guys have any idea on what could have caused this? Should I provide you with an error report?

Thanks,

Tal.

Edited by landlord, 02 June 2007 - 12:56 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
right click on my computer and locate and open the folder that contains the file you want to use. right click on the file, select properties. if the file is recognized by windows the type of file and the opens with appears next to both. on the general tab click change. the opens with, box should appear. in the programs list select what program you want to open the file. i would suggest adobe. click ok and if you want, check the "always use the selected program to open this type of file" box.this should work for jpeg as well

'

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Apparently his Adobe picture suite wasn't working. No that wasn't the issue krmoo, it has something to do with his Adobe suite not working... I will fix it for him :whistling:

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
great thanks for the reply :whistling: