Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player Problem

• Please log in to reply

RCHOP

RCHOP

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. Just recently I've run into the yet another problem with WMP. When ever I try to view a video on the internet that uses WMP, i always get a blank green screen. I'm not sure at all whats causing the problem since im not very computer literate so hopefully someone can help me out. It is WMP version 11 and a windows xp, using internet explorer.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try reverting back to WMP 10 by uninstalling WMP 11. Version 11 offers no real advantages but can cause problems on some systems. Version 10 is quite able to play streamed online video content as well as do everything else you expect of it. There's no compelling reason to upgrade to v11 unless you have an XBox and you want to network it to your PC. As with a lot of software, the latest is not necessarily the best.

RCHOP

RCHOP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, I lowered the video acceleration for WMP and that seemed to fix that problem. Thanks for the suggestion though I appreciate it.

s2tgrave

s2tgrave

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i don't know, but is it possible you haven't installed the right codec, maybe when you installed wmp11 it removed the codec?