Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mic in Vista 32

• Please log in to reply

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I use Teamspeak http://www.goteamspeak.com to talk during gameplay on DDO Stormreach, Guild Wars, WoW, etc...

For some odd reason once I upgraded to Vista, my mic no longer works, I can hear myself through my speakers, but every program I run even the vista sound recorder, and voice recognition software says I have no mic, and when I goto my sound properties to set the properties that exact program locks up, not windows. It locks up once I click on recording tab.

I have attached my dxdiag.txt file in case that helps

Attached Files

Advertisements

MasterLaptop

MasterLaptop

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Have you checked your sound volume?

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yes I checked my sound volume...I ended up just uninstalling the sound drivers, rebooted, then reinstalled the drivers, and now sound is working, guess it messed up somehow during the first install of the drivers.

Now the mic is working, but I am not at all happy with Vista 32 Ultimate so I am downgrading back to XP Pro SP2 until Vista is more compatible with my games. I tried running them in xp compatibility, but they still were sluggish and laggy, so I am going to stick with an OS I know and understand...and trust :whistling: