Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Could it be a hidden cookie?

• Please log in to reply

heather2

heather2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am (obviously) new here. I need some help. I am trying to go to a websight on my home computer (using an example here) called www.glakdfj.com . I type it in and it pulls up information from 2004. Now, when I am at my work computer, it pulls up the current 2007 information. I have cleared my cookies, deleted temp files, even upgraded to Internet explorer7 with no luck. I have done a search of files for a couple key words in the address but it won't pull anything up!! Why is it defaulting back to the old information instead of the new? I also have made sure i am using the EXACT same address.
Thanks so much for any help!!!! :whistling:

Advertisements

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi heather2,

Welcome to Geeks To Go. I'm not sure what your problem is but I don't think it would be cookie related. So have you tried holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the refresh button to force your machine to refresh that old page and see if the current page will load?

That works for me from time to time when a page fails to update. :whistling:

♥ Wendy

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
You could put the url in your bookmarks to eliminate any spelling error. (for work/home use)

Use ATF and ccleaner to see if they help.

http://www.majorgeek...aner_d4949.html
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4191.html (use both cleaner and issues buttons)

Edited by zbd, 03 June 2007 - 07:04 AM.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi heather,

Are you still having that problem?

Hi zbd,

That Crap Cleaner aka CCleaner works pretty good but you shouldn't advise people to use the "Issues" button right off the top like that because that thing snatches entries out of your registry :whistling: .

I crashed my system by using that same "Issues" button not too long ago :blink: . so I say "USE THE ISSUE BUTTON WITH CAUTION AND THEN ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!"

♥ Wendy