Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trubbles installing 2nd harddrive

• Please log in to reply

spitsinthefaceoffelonys

spitsinthefaceoffelonys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
im haveing trubble installing a second hard drive. i plugged it in on the middle slot on the belt between the master drive and the motherboard. I made it the slave drive. win windows turns on it notices it, i little bubble pops up in the lower right hand corner tellin me its been detected and is installing it. when i check it says it is working properly....but when i open "my computer" it dosnt have it listed. when i got to control pannel and go administrative tools and to disk management it doesnt show the hard drive either.....it says its insalled and working properly but yet it is no where to be found...i cant partrition what the computer cant find......please help me!!!!!!
:tazz:

p.s. any hint to y boot up time is so much slower when i have both hard drives plugged in? ;)

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

The only thing I can think of at the moment is to make sure the master drives jumper is set to master and not CS.

Rick

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
ok go to control panel then administrative tools then go to computer management then disk management and i think it will be in there and it will say unallocated or something then rite click and it says format or partition or something
and then it should go into my computer when done.

Selesticas

Selesticas

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I got this problem before I used a program called partition magic when you run this program you will find this hard disk and most likely it will say that it is unlocatted and you will need to format it to show it in windows this program is also very helpfull to change your partion size.

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
yes Selesticas is correct but the way i preveously explained is just the way of doing it without the use of 3rd party software