Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Errors Warnings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
The quarantine box for Yahoo can be emptied. Please do so.

Then, go to this page, download AdAware and reconfigure (see step 5).

Update and run the scan.

I see you have the recycle bin protected. Rightclick the bin and remove protected files. No need to worry, a new set of protected files (clean ones) will be put back.

How did Spybot perform?

I'll check back later.

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts

Oh, I can't seem to access Yahoo! Parental Controls for some reason. Can I just delete the folder?

View Post

I'd remove the content of the folder.

DigiDayDreamer

DigiDayDreamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Oh, Spybot found 1 MySearch and took care of it. I'm currently scanning with AdAware.

DigiDayDreamer

DigiDayDreamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hmm, AdAware didn't find much, only six tracking cookies. I wonder why Registry Repair Optimizer is still showing me 200+ registry errors while MWAV showed me around 20. And the pop-ups are still coming. Hmm, I hope there's more we can do. Thanks for all the help you've given me so far.

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
I'll check if any of my collegues know this program.

On 'my' tools you should be clean now.

DigiDayDreamer

DigiDayDreamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Okay, thanks for your all help again, g2i2r4.

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
I asked a fellow helper about this.
We strongly recommend you to remove 'Registry Cleaner Optimizer' as we suspect these are false positives.

You have TDS 3 on your computer.
Download the latest updates:
http://www.diamondcs.../tds/radius.td3
Click right on that file and choose 'save'
Save it to the TDS directory; Thus overwriting the current file radius.td3.

Start tds-3. Choose system testing> full system scan.

Anything found will appear in the lower window.
When the scan is done, rightclick the list and save it as scandump.txt to the desktop.

Place the content of that file here in your answer.

Also, please run an online virusscan:
Panda online scan

Edited by g2i2r4, 20 April 2005 - 01:44 PM.

DigiDayDreamer

DigiDayDreamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Oh, great. I only downloaded the evaluation version of TDS-3 and it expired. >_< But at least I'm scanning with PandaScan. Will let you know the results of that scan as soon as I can.

DigiDayDreamer

DigiDayDreamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Here's the list from the PandaScan:

Incident Status Location

Adware:Adware/nCase No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\System32\FLEOK
Adware:Adware/PowerScan No disinfected C:\Program Files\Intrigue Learning
Adware:Adware/FunWeb No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\f3initialsetup*
Virus:Trj/StartPage.CM Disinfected Operating system
Adware:Adware/SideSearch No disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Lycos
Adware:Adware/WUpd No disinfected C:\Program Files\Winad Client
Adware:Adware/Minibug No disinfected C:\Program Files\AIM\Sysfiles\WxBug.EXE
Adware:Adware/NetPals No disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq2D.tmp
Adware:Adware/eZula No disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq2F.tmp
Adware:Adware/eZula No disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq35.tmp
Adware:Adware/P2PNetworking No disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq5E.tmp
Adware:Adware/Gator No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\HDPlugin1019.dll
Adware:Adware/FunWeb No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\f3initialsetup1.0.0.5.inf
Virus:Trj/Downloader.AEE Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp\ICD1.tmp\counter.inf

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Go to start - my computer
Rightclick the symbol for your C: Drive
Go to proporties
Go to general
There's a button "Disk Cleanup"... press that button.
Select:
Downloaded Program Files
Temporary Internet Files/tijdelijke internet bestanden
Recycle Bin/prullenbak
Press OK.

I'll check what else to do.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi DD. G asked me to take a look at your log. He has done an awesome job so far and so have you. ;) After it reaches three pages, your eyes get a little blurry. :tazz:

OK. I want you to make sure system restore is still off. If not, set new restore points. Do not reset them until we give you the thumbs-up.

1. Go into add/remove programs. Some, all or none may be there. Remove
Gator
Winad
SideSearch
FunWeb
Weatherbug
NetPals
Can you uninstall parental controls for now and then reinstall later? I am not familiar with that and I'm not sure if it's something you set or something you purchased and won't be able to download again. If you can't get it back, leave it for now, but like G said, make sure you empty everything.

Download CWShredder Here to its own folder.

Update CWShredder

* Open CWShredder and click I AGREE
* Click Check For Update
* Close CWShredder

Boot into Safe Mode:

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

Now run CWShredder. Click I Agree, then Fix and then Next, let it fix everything it asks about. Reboot your computer into normal windows.

Please download Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware.

Follow all the instructions on this website to run a scan with both of these softwares.

(Even if you have run them already, run them again)

Please delete your temporary files. Double Click My Computer (WinXP: Navigate to Start --->My Computer)
You will see an icon representing your harddrive (most likely C: Drive) Right Click on the hard drive icon and click Properties at the
bottom of the fly out window. One the very first tab (General) you will see a button labeled "Disk Cleanup"...click that button.
Make sure the following are checked:
Downloaded Program Files
Temporary Internet Files and
Recycle Bin

Click OK and Disk Cleanup will delete those files for you.

Please run a free online virus scan here (tick the "Auto Clean" checkbox):
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

And a free trojan scan here:
http://www.moosoft.com/

Reboot your PC.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and we'll remove what's left. ;)

DigiDayDreamer

DigiDayDreamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Okay, I turned off the System Restore, did both free scans (which neither found any trojan or viruses), didn't find any CoolWebSearch, done both AdAware and SpyBot and did the Disk Cleanup.

Here's the fresh HijackThis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:12:30 PM, on 4/21/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\brss01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Program Files\BitTornado\btdownloadgui.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPAGER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\RealOneMessageCenter.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Audacity\audacity.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://dsl.sbc.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn2\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPC129~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPC129~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn2\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightMonitor 01] "C:\Program Files\SBC Yahoo!\Connection Manager\IP InSight\IPMon32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefPrt] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl04b\BrStDvPt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanUp] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe /v=3 /cleanup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MiniMavis.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 12 Standard\MiniMavis.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Status Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPC129~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O12 - Plugin for .avi: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mov: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.c...nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoft.../as5/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{FDC7854D-8390-472A-B5C2-DC91B818E556}: NameServer = 206.13.29.12,206.13.30.12
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OPXPGina - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll
O23 - Service: Brother Popup Suspend service for Resource manager (brmfrmps) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe" -service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I don't see anything. What kind of errors are you still getting?

Try this: http://www.silentrun...ent Runners.zip

Give me the log when you're through.

Run Hijack This and do the following if you want to speed up your computer.

The following are not necessarily spyware/malware, but we suggest you place a check mark next to the following entries, as these programs may be taking up system resources.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
(Description: HP monitoring tool. Unnecessary. Remove this to free up some system resources.)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
(Description: Intel hotkey applet. Unnecessary. Removing this will free up a small amount of system resources.)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightMonitor 01] \"C:\Program Files\SBC Yahoo!\Connection Manager\IP InSight\IPMon32.exe\"
(Description: Installed with Verizon DSL accounts. IP Insight is a Quality of Service monitor and diagnostic tool that isn't required - see here for more information )

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] \"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe\" -osboot
(Description: RealPlayer scheduler. Completely unnecessary. Removing this entry will free up a small amount of system resources.)

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
(Description: Adjusts monitor colours across all programs, including Photoshop. It is needed by some graphics professionals who want their monitor calibrated. Most home users will not need it, and thus should remove this entry. )

DigiDayDreamer

DigiDayDreamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
The only errors I'm getting are the pop-ups warning me about having fifty-two "critical errors" in my registry and file system, though my computer has been slowing down a bit. ~_~ Are pop-ups also considered as possible errors?

Thanks also for the tip of speeding up my computer, coachwife6. :tazz:

Here's the log from Silent Runners:

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 35, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"MSMSGS" = ""C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background" [MS]
"AIM" = "C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl" ["America Online, Inc."]
"Spyware Doctor" = ""C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q" ["PCTools"]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"hpsysdrv" = "c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
"HotKeysCmds" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe" ["Intel Corporation"]
"Recguard" = "C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [empty string]
"PS2" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe" ["Hewlett-Packard Company"]
"YBrowser" = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe" ["Yahoo!, Inc."]
"IPInSightMonitor 01" = ""C:\Program Files\SBC Yahoo!\Connection Manager\IP InSight\IPMon32.exe"" ["Visual Networks"]
"SSBkgdUpdate" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot" ["Scansoft, Inc."]
"PaperPort PTD" = "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe" ["ScanSoft, Inc."]
"IndexSearch" = "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe" ["ScanSoft, Inc."]
"SetDefPrt" = "C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl04b\BrStDvPt.exe" ["Brother Industories, Ltd."]
"ControlCenter2.0" = "C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun" ["Brother Industries, Ltd."]
"VSOCheckTask" = ""c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask" ["McAfee, Inc."]
"VirusScan Online" = ""c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"" ["McAfee, Inc."]
"MCAgentExe" = "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe" ["McAfee, Inc"]
"MCUpdateExe" = "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe" ["McAfee, Inc"]
"TkBellExe" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
"MPFExe" = "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe" ["McAfee Security"]
"tcactive" = "C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tca.exe" ["MooSoft Development"]
"tcmonitor" = "C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcm.exe" ["MooSoft Development"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\
{306D6C21-C1B6-4629-986C-E59E1875B8AF}\(Default) = (no title provided)
\StubPath = ""C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msgsc.dll",ShowIconsUser" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670}\(Default) = "Yahoo! Companion BHO" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn2\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = "AcroIEHlprObj Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx" [empty string]
{5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB}\(Default) = "PCTools Site Guard" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPC129~1\tools\iesdsg.dll" ["PCTools.com"]
{B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC}\(Default) = "PCTools Browser Monitor" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPC129~1\tools\iesdpb.dll" ["GuideWorks Pty. Ltd."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{F0CB00CD-5A07-4D91-97F5-A8C92CDA93E4}" = "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Real\RealOne Player\rpshell.dll" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
"{7F67036B-66F1-411A-AD85-759FB9C5B0DB}" = "SampleView"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ShellvRTF.dll" ["XSS"]
"{1CDB2949-8F65-4355-8456-263E7C208A5D}" = "Desktop Explorer"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{1E9B04FB-F9E5-4718-997B-B8DA88302A47}" = "Desktop Explorer Menu"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{CCFE56EE-C7DE-44EE-A160-4553A5A912C9}" = "OmniPass Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opshelle.dll" ["Softex Incorporated"]
"{5464D816-CF16-4784-B9F3-75C0DB52B499}" = "Yahoo! Mail"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\ymmapi.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]
"{516EC4D3-4AD9-11D5-AA6A-00E0189008B3}" = "The Core Media Player Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\CORECO~1\THECOR~1\System\CORESH~1.CLL" [null data]
"{780BCB64-0CAF-473c-A9FC-E08C03D75515}" = "Matroska Shell Extension, Properties Page CLSID"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\MatroskaProp\MatroskaProp.dll" [" "]
"{78DC191E-EFC1-4532-9A71-224577A86A7D}" = "Matroska Shell Extension, Thumbnail Handler CLSID"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\MatroskaProp\MatroskaProp.dll" [" "]
"{794D04CA-70AC-4020-80EB-FFD59DEF8027}" = "Matroska Shell Extension, Tooltip Provider CLSID"
"{789111D8-68A3-46a3-9663-145A3FF4C9C9}" = "Matroska Shell Extension, ContextMenu CLSID"
"{781395AF-A127-469f-A06F-59B482AF4F3F}" = "Matroska Shell Extension, Column Provider CLSID"

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
INFECTION WARNING! OPXPGina\DLLName = "C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll" [null data]

Enabled Screen Saver:
---------------------

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"SCRNSAVE.EXE" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.scr" [MS]

Enabled Wallpaper and Active Desktop:
-------------------------------------

Active Desktop is disabled.

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Autostart via AUTORUN.INF on local fixed drives:
------------------------------------------------

INFECTION WARNING! D:\AUTORUN.INF -> "OPEN=Info.exe folder.htt 480 480" ["XSS"]

Startup items in "Owner" & "All Users" startup folders:
-------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Adobe Gamma Loader" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
"MiniMavis" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Broderbund\Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 12 Standard\MiniMavis.exe Main" [file not found]
"Quicken Scheduled Updates" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe" ["Intuit Inc."]
"Status Monitor" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe Brother MFC-3240C /STARTUP" ["Brother Industries, Ltd."]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"McAfee.com Update Check (YOUR-SZ6X6SEFXO-Owner)" -> launches: "C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe /Schedule" ["McAfee, Inc"]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 13
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
"{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}"
-> {CLSID}\(Default) = "Yahoo! Toolbar"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn2\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}"
-> {CLSID}\(Default) = "Yahoo! Toolbar"

"{BA52B914-B692-46C4-B683-905236F6F655}"
-> {CLSID}\(Default) = "McAfee VirusScan"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll" ["McAfee, Inc."]

Explorer Bars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
{4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD}\
-> {CLSID}\(Default) = "&Yahoo! Messenger"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
-> {CLSID}\(Default) = "&Yahoo! Messenger"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5}\
"ButtonText" = "Yahoo! Login"
"MenuText" = "Yahoo! Login"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll" ["Yahoo! Inc."]

{2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84}\
"ButtonText" = "Spyware Doctor"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{A1EDC4A1-940F-48E0-8DFD-E38F1D501021}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPC129~1\tools\iesdpb.dll" ["GuideWorks Pty. Ltd."]

"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Yahoo! Messenger"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{4C171D40-8277-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD}"

{AC9E2541-2814-11D5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45}\
"ButtonText" = "AIM"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe" ["America Online, Inc."]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Popup Suspend service for Resource manager, brmfrmps, ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe" -service " ["Brother Industries, Ltd."]
BrSplService, Brother XP spl Service, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\brsvc01a.exe" ["brother Industries Ltd"]
McAfee Personal Firewall Service, MpfService, "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe" ["McAfee Corporation"]
McAfee.com McShield, McShield, "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe" ["Network Associates, Inc."]
McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine, MCVSRte, "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe /Embedding" ["McAfee, Inc"]
Softex OmniPass Service, omniserv, "C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe" [null data]

----------
This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
----------

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts

The only errors I'm getting are the pop-ups warning me about having fifty-two "critical errors" in my registry and file system, though my computer has been slowing down a bit. ~_~ Are pop-ups also considered as possible errors?

What program is giving you those errors? If it's that registry cleaner you downloaded, I highly recommend you uninstall it. :tazz:

I need a hijack this log also. ;)

Have you at any time gone into the registry and deleted items?