Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant remove AVG

• Please log in to reply

global_warning

global_warning

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I had AVG Antivirus 7.5 Free Edition but now that I also had norton so I decided to remove
Avg free edition. I managed to uninstall the free edition but now I discover that there is a folder
in C:/Program Files/Grisoft/AVG7, there is no uninstall file in it and when I try to run avg from
there it tells me there is a License Error. Anyways the folder doesnt get deleted either.
I tried killing all the processes of AVG ie. avgcc and avgupdrs but it sill doesnt get deleted.
I m wondering if there is a way to uninstall it as it still keeps updating and stuff when the computer
starts up.
Would appreciate some help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to AVG you can download the installation program from their website, run it and there is the offer to get shot of the program.
http://free.grisoft....2/lng/us/tpl/v5 is the address to get the installer.