Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I lost some crucial dll files, where can I get them?

• Please log in to reply

Goodfortitude

Goodfortitude

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
It started when I got Knights of the Nine. When I tried to load the files I got this error message, an error (-5009 : 0x80004002) has occured while running the setup. So I ran this installer fix - http://support.micro...kb/886630/en-us . When I did the first time in windows explorer it when great. But, still didn't resolve the issue. So, I did it again in safe mode and when I rebooted, my computer did not "recreate" the msi.dll, msihnd.dll, and msiexec.dll files. Where can I download these files?

I did make a restore point, but, my sys restore is not responding to my clicks right now. I think my cosmi pop-up blocker is blitzed and is causing the problem but I'm not sure. So, I can't restore until that's resolved, and I can't seem to get my files back so that I can install programs and some .exe files.

Can someone please help me get back my files? That seems to be the simplest solution. Otherwise, I could try fixing sys restore. But, I have a feeling even after I uninstall Cosmi, it will still do the same thing. Then I will just be out of a spyware program with possibly no way to re-install it...

Not sure what to do.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hello goodforit welcome to gtg right off im going to ask you to look at our topic title "repairing xp" in it is a step by step guide on what to do. none of your programs will be lost only the system files will be replaced.good luck need some help let someone know :whistling:

Goodfortitude

Goodfortitude

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Well.....so Win XP comes with a built in repair option WithOUT having to completely wipeout your desktop files! I see. All someone at "the other forum" had to do was tell me that. Well, you did the right thing krmooo. I had a clicking disease on my pc completely keeping me from opening several important functions, a windows installer problem that could NOT be resolved online, and a couple other issues like 4GB of unneccessary junk on my system. Any of these resolved? Check, check and check. Thankx, GF.