Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Megaupload Toolbar

• Please log in to reply

RESBAK

RESBAK

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
out of curiosity i downloaded megaupload toolbar but now when i uninstalled it, the toolbar is gone from IE but for some reason it is still sticking on my firefox browser. any idea how to remove megaupload toolbar on firefox?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
View -> Toolbars -> uncheck appropriate option.

Items that add things like this usually live in your Firefox plugins folder, usually located at C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins. Google each filename that's in this folder, see what it is and you'll find out which file(s) to remove.

RESBAK

RESBAK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
unchecking it doesnt really remove it, it's still in there. i checked C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins and so far there's no file for the megaupload toolbar :whistling:

EDIT: I also tried reinstalling firefox but it didnt work

Edited by RESBAK, 03 June 2007 - 01:47 PM.

Oxigen

Oxigen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
On firefox go to tools,click on add-ons then remove megaupload sh1t,restart mozilla firefox.

Edited by Oxigen, 05 June 2007 - 08:23 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I did some checking, and based on what I am seeing I would get a check from the malware staff to make sure your not infected with malware. The toolbar is known to be associated with other malware installs.

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).