Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply

Alex Super

Alex Super

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I received an error message. Picture of is is below. I tried all links and did whatever it asked me to do but that message still appears on my screen.

Do anyone know what I can do to fix that problem.

AlexSuper

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This message usually occurs when Windows downloads the Genuine Advantage update from Windows Update on its own, it gets installed and the computer restarts. The message often appears when Windows has not been activated online or by telephone.

Alex Super

Alex Super

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
But I did activated it by the phone.

Edited by Alex Super, 03 June 2007 - 01:13 PM.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hey alex welcome to gtg you might as well click on it and get the problem worked out. thats my advice, your taking the risk of not being able to do anything on your computer if the 30 day grace period expires.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
ok alex lets try this. start your internet explorer and and on the tools menu,click internet options. in the internet options box click the security level for this zone.custom level.click reset. when the box up comes saying are you sure click ok. then click on the custom level tab again. under active x controls and plug ins click prompt for all the following options. download active x controls. run active x controls and plug-ins. script active x controls marked safe for scripting. click ok click yes and click ok. try again to activate windows. when you are prompted to install the wga active x control verify the publisher is microsoft and click install.