Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BIOS flash

• Please log in to reply

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I've got an ECS k7sem mother board and i need to flash the BIOS. There are 2 jumpers. ONe to clear the cmos and one to flash the bios. This question is for the jumper used to flash the BIOS. Here's what the manual says:

JP3: BIOS write-protect jumper
use this jumper to make the BIOS read-only

Function ------- Jumper Setting
Disable ------- short pins 1-2
Enable ------- short pins 2-3

I would think that i flash with the jumper on pins 1-2. Anyone else have an opion on this....

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Never mind, I got it figured out...

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

I agree using pins 1&2 disable the read only function and allow to write/flash the bios. I don't undestand why they have such a jumper though cause it would be hard to accidentally flash the bios :tazz:

Rick

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
yeh first ive heard to write protecting a bios :tazz: