Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Crashes while playing a game

• Please log in to reply

MikEye

MikEye

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all. I was playing the game World of Warcraft for a year now, and I have been experiencing an error that has now become out of hand.

When loading up in certain areas, my computer would automaticaly shut off and reboot. These places seemed like areas that were more graphically demanding.

As of late, no matter where I am, after I load up and play for 15-20 minutes, my computer will crash again, bringing me to a blue screen. I unclicked the automaticaly restart upon system crash (which is why I saw the blue screen instead) This only happens when I play this game, mind you, except a few select times while I was booting up.

This is what it read after all the default stuff it says before it

Stop: 0x0000008E
(0xC0000005, 0xEF2E87CA, 0xEDFCCC24, 0x00000000)

This only happens while I am playing the game. I tried a system restore, and no matter what date I attempt to restore it to, after the computer reboots, it simply says System Restore Failed, or something to that effect.

Windows XP SP2

Thanks for your time,
MikEye

-Edit- Forgot to mention my OS

Edited by MikEye, 03 June 2007 - 02:42 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
if you have a hardware accelerator setting make sure its set to none