Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB FILE TRANSFER/NETWORK CABLE HELPPPPPPP

• Please log in to reply

RisingForce

RisingForce

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have just got a USB File transfer/network cable. I plugged it into my 2 computers that use Windows 2000, plug and play thing came up, i installed it and the driver. Then i went on the Driver CD, clicked the setup.exe and it installed this software called GeneLink, and i can now transfer files with the other computer.

The problem is I want to setup a network with the other computer so I can play a game with it. The cable supports TCP/IP and other stuff so im thinking LAN UDP or whatever. I dont know how to set this up because when i go to create New connection then i click create direct connection and then select host or guest and then finally i get to the screen where you get to select the port, the only ports that are listed are my LPT1 (printer port) and my COM1 port. There is no USB option.....

Advertisements