Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC STILL Randomly locking up :(

• Please log in to reply

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
<NOTE> I WILL post when problem is solved :whistling:

Ok, one of my computers is randomly locking up for no certain reason
SPECS
windows xp pro SP2
1.4ghz processor
512 ram
Fresh new 30gb harddrive with fresh install
Ok, heres the story....about a year ago i bought a case and computer guts from my dad with my b-day money-I put a asus board witha Katmea 550ghz 512 cache processor (rare), never really used the pc because i had one lan line in my room and it was a pain to switch and it wasnt faster then my other pc--about 3 months ago i upgraded it with a terminator mobo and 1.4ghz processor and 512 ram, back then i had a 6.4HD in it...it did the problem random lockup, so yesterday i took my quantum 30g out of my one hp (it was the storage drive) and did a xp install on it hoping my lockups would go away WELL they DIDN'T so now im back to sqare 1....im 95% positive its not the ram and i doubt the power supply
SO i'm really mad at it and want it to not lock up...sometimes it doesnt lock up until 2-3 days sometimes 5 mins etc BUT NOT during post-boot-welcome screen...ONLY when fully loaded and im playing with it like ill leave it set at the desktop and it never locks up but anything else it will. PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P
~Nic

Edited by nic777, 03 June 2007 - 09:45 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
hi nic welcome to gtg.. so... no error messages? does it restart on its own or do you have to restart it.as you can boot up, the desktop shows and if you didnt touch anything, mouse, keyboard alls fine. but as soon as you aim that pointer at something it locks? do you shut it down or does that happen on its own?

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
kinda thought i explained enough :S....ok its not p2p related and it locks up as in i have to restart it, no error message and as i said no mouse keyboard related ill be serfin the web runin all my cleaners playing some games whatever and it just halts (good way to fry the pc) the fans keep turning and all but i just dont know what it is

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
thank you thats what were trying to find out, if my questions seem trivial im sorry.have you had a look at what processes are running when this happens or at that point everything ,mouse, keyboard is frozen. have you after reboot looked at the event viewer logs? applications, system, such as that?

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
no, havent looked at these event viewer logs your talking about? i know its ot processes or programs because this was a complete diffrent HD AND os cd (i have numerous) so i dont think its programs i have same programs as in my cleaners and removers but other then that nothings the same

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
ok lets look at the temps of your hardware. on the top of this page theres a section called downloads. in there you'll see hardware, look for sandra lite grab that an run it. lets have a look at what its saying ok?

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

ok lets look at the temps of your hardware. on the top of this page theres a section called downloads. in there you'll see hardware, look for sandra lite grab that an run it. lets have a look at what its saying ok?

UMMMMMMMMMM wayyyyyyyyy bad description im in downloads and thats about as far as i can go with that description

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
my bad i got it now im running it as i speak on other pc

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
:whistling:

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
ok what do i do i got it installed and all, now what

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
run it start. under tools and hit test this machine

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
oh and be sure to run it on the machine that hanging up not on the one you downloaded it on :whistling:

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
lol i know ok gona do that hang with me :whistling:

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
ok i go to tools and none say "Test This Machine"

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
one thing i ran i dont know...said my board is 124F and its got yellow ! saying too high...i got 2 fans in theres..is 124 really really bad or normal for most pcs