Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC STILL Randomly locking up :(

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
According to that, your HDD is getting too hot AND your voltages are low. Very definitely could be causing problems. The 12v rail isn't even putting out 9 volts. Let's verify...do you have Everest? If not, you can get it HERE. Get me the readings found under Computer > Sensor.

Advertisements

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
wannabe1 if ya out there ----my pc starting to freeze up ive restarted 3times refreshin page waiting for instructions so please understand the need

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Shut the machine down for a while. It will run longer at a time. I think the heat is causing the hangs...is the HDD installed between other drives or is there plenty of breathing room for it? We need to get that cooled down to a max of 40*C.

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
i hope this does it....im installing a lot of crap :| ill do anything you say though

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type ITE IT8705F (ISA 290h)

Temperatures:
Aux 51 °C (124 °F)

Voltage Values:
VBAT Battery 2.03 V
Debug Info F FF FF FF
Debug Info T 51 201 00
Debug Info V 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 (F7)

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
hey wannabe1 .... why i dont think its the hd because it had a WD 6.4 gig and it locked up then but do you think it could be my powersupply causeing this? the drive i installed by myself :whistling: *proud of it* i made sure i had 2 harddrive cades up and down (positioned it in the middle) i only got a floppy and cd rom in the top slots and it's a terminator board (REAL SMALL) so there's plenty of room for the HD

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yup...I do think it's the PSU. The HDD temp needs to come down a bit, though. How many fans do you have in the case?

You got another PSU laying around you can try on that machine. Should be at least 350W.

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
my dads got tons (crunch8 your pal i think lol) ill try a 400watt for safty i got the psu fan the cpu fan and heatsink and side case cover fan (i just undid my cover and put this little portable fan on it blowing IN instead of the outside fan.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That server still running? :whistling: Tell your dad "Hi"!

Change out the power supply and the temp might go down a bit, too. The PSU may have been generating a lot of internal heat.

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
dang i just peaked in to see how many watts the psu was it was a 450 ouch thats gona hurt the budget

Advertisements

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
lol yea the servers doing fine we named it the "Grey Ghost" i'll get a psu out of the shed tommorow and post my results if works ill edit my first post saying fixed if not ill continue to post :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sounds good! You should reply to the topic in any case, though...so I get notified by email.

Good luck! :whistling:

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
well she just froze again, ill post for sure :whistling: talk to you later glad to see your still around in this forum :blink:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Test your RAM, too. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Either by floppy or cd...just follow the instructions to create the disk.

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, i just put the new PSU 400 watt, im 10 mins in and 51c not too good my hp is a flippen 39c and its way way more compac and like 200watts, im gona see if it locks up again ill post results later
be back later
~Nic C.