Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RE: "dls0523pmw.exe" How do i make it stop?

• Please log in to reply

hellothere562

hellothere562

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,

well my computer at startup says something regarding "dls0523pmw.exe" and i tell it "dont send". then when i log on to my internet, alot of advertisements pop up and i dont know what to do. also sometimes something will pop up saying "c:program files\func j" and that there was an error. I am new to this and still dont know how to use this forum. Can you guys please help me out and tell me what is going on. i would greatly appreciate it. thank you

Advertisements

DiggerP

DiggerP

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi,
It seems a lot of people have this problem.
I just did a search and there were at least 260 entries re dls0523pmw.exe
Looks like you are infected with something or rather your PC is. :whistling:

You could try and remove it by using Pocket Killbox
Pocket KillBox
Just navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder,that's where this file is and click to delete
and it will remove it.

But by rights you should run an antimalware scan.
Do you have any programs on you PC that will do this?

Also a Moderator may move this post to the Malware section of the forum.
They may want you to do a HiJackThis scan as well and some more :blink:

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
yes. hellothere, the malware forum is the place you should seek help first. may i suggest hellothere do not remove anything without seeking help in our malware fourm first. they will guide you thru the process required to remove whatever it is causing these symtoms follow their instructions and you'll be fine if you still require help from this forum please come back.. :whistling:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.