Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Changed graphics card. Now Adobe Gamma doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The NVidia Geforce MX-400 graphics card in my PC developed a noisy, worn fan bearing so I pulled it and fitted an ATI radeon 7200 in it's place, which I found in my spares box. The radeon works fine but ever since fitting it I can no longer use my Photoshop "Adobe Gamma" monitor calibration utility. It simply has no effect on the gamma or colour temp. of my display. I can adjust the display colour temp. with my monitor's hardware controls, but software-based alternatives don't have any effect any more (Adobe Gamma, Colorjin Calibrize, Paint Shop Pro "Gamma Adjust" -- none of them do anything). Anyone got a clue why they don't work with my Radeon card but they did work with the Nvidia card?

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Try to un install all nvidea software and drivers and then try and install the radeon 7200 ati driver.
I had a problem and when switched from nvidea to radeon and had various problems with the display. That was the only thing I got to work.

The problem is changing the gamma settings on the regular view or while using the editor programs?